Thursday, July 2, 2009

Emma watson elle cover







Emma Watson brings out the edge on the August 2009 cover of Elle UK.
In the upcoming issue, on stands TOMORROW, the 19-year-old British actress dishes on her college decisions, her future and how her dad handles her money. Check it:
On making the decision to go to college: “It’s going to sound dramatic, but I feel like it’s going to be my life over as I know it. My whole life has been about and then all of that’s going to shut down and I don’t know what that will be like. I go to university in September – I’ll be doing bits and bobs at Christmas, but September feels like my cut off point, when I’ll really stop Harry Potter.”

On how her father still handles her money: “My dad never told me how much money I was earning. Then, when I hit 18, he was like, ‘I want you to be able to understand that your money isn’t some kind of abstract concept, I want you to have a feel for what it’s worth and what you can do with it.’ The truth is that I’d just like to pretend it [the money] doesn’t exist. It’s amazing how many children are aware from such a young age about money being something important or supposedly impressive.”




On staying true to herself: “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself. I want to avoid becoming too styled and too ‘done’ and too generic. You see people as they go through their career and they just become more and more like everyone else. They start out with something individual about them but it gets lost. Natalie Portman is an exception. I’m in awe of how she’s handled herself.”

On her future plans: “At the moment I feel like I need to go away and figure out what I want to do and be myself for a bit. I just want to take a step back from it and not rush into stuff. I need university to give me that break. People think because I’m going to university I’m never going to act again, but it’s actually me… I want to… figure out how I feel about everything first. Maybe I’ll keep acting, maybe I won’t. I just want to find something where I feel I have to do this. Maybe that’ll happen when I read a script. It felt like that with Hermione [Granger]. I want to feel like that again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment